Tuesday 22 September 2020

True confessions of a rapist “I did not know the drug would make her sleep for long”

 

*IGP Ibrahim Adamu

The 17 year old rapist who allegedly lured a 14 year old maid to a hotel, drugged her with drink laced with tramadol and raped her silly has confessed that he never knew that the drug would make the maid sleep for two long.

In his confessions to the Police, the young man said to be a contract staff of an electricity distribution companies with commission to install prepaid meters confessed to have drugged the girl he met at Akinwunmi street Ejigbo with  200 milligrams of tramadol.

The drama started when the 17 year old suspect (name withheld), had gone to install prepaid meters for some residents of Akinwunmi Street, Ile-Epo area of Ejigbo when he met the victim (names withheld).

He had offered to assist her recharge her meter but ended up taking her to the DISCO’s  Okota branch where the recharge was done.

However, on their way back, he reportedly took the girl to a hotel around Jakande gate, where he allegedly drugged her drink and raped her.

According to Vanguard, he disclosed that “I offered to go and recharge their meter but her grandmother asked her to follow me. On our way back, I bought her a bottle of soft drink. But before giving it to her, I went to the hotel where I dropped 200 milligrams of tramadol inside. I took her to the hotel where I paid N2,500 and had sex with her.

“She slept for too long because of the drug and by the time she woke up, it was late. When she got home, they asked what kept her long and in the process beat her to extract the truth from her.

That was how she opened up. “I have never committed such a crime in my life. This is the first time. I used tramadol to sleep because of the noise of the power generating sets in my compound every night.  My intention was never to end up in this type of trouble.

“I dropped out of school two years ago because my mother, a widow, didn’t have money to pay for my WASSCE. I started installing pre-paid meters and was paid a N1,000 commission. I have been saving the money to enroll in the WASSCE. My mother is working as a maid to keep the family going.” 

Spokesman for Lagos State Police Command, SP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the arrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment