Tuesday 22 September 2020

KSA @ 74 ; I see my guitar as my baby and I cannot do without it.

 

Master guitarist King Sunny Ade (KSA) has said he bought his first guitar when he was 16 years old with personal savings and hid the instrument from his family who did not want him to go into music.

The 74-year-old foremost Juju singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist said this in Lagos when he met a nine-year-old fan, Temidara Onafuye.

Onafuye, a primary school pupil based in North Carolina, USA, visiting Nigeria for the Christmas and New Year, had said she craved to see Sunny Ade because of her love for his music.



Fielding questions from the young girl, KSA who visited Onafuye at her family’s residence, said while he could play other musical instruments he had a special passion for guitar.

“Apart from singing. I play guitar, keyboard, different percussion instruments including talking drum, “Sakara”, “Omele’, “Konga”; all these make African music stand out.

“I have passion for guitar, I see it as my baby and I cannot do without it.

From Premium Times

No comments:

Post a Comment