Wednesday 8 May 2019

NDIGBO PAY GLOWING TRIBUTE TO PA SHOJONWO


Tributes have not stopped going the way of Pa Alphonso Akanji Shojonwo, the Late Chairman Managing Director of Sunny Oluwanisola Commercial press who died after a brief illness on Good Friday, April 19, 2019.

We carefully selected some of these glowing tributes from Igbo Community. 

Eze Alex S.M Nwoye, Eze Ndigbo of Ejigbo.
I met Pa Shojonwo many years ago as a member of St Peter Catholic Church Ejigbo. We all respected him for his calm and meek disposition. He spoke without noise but he was strong. As a long time member of our church, Pa Shojonwo did his best in the service of God and never wavered. He offered his advise to anyone who asked for it. I thank God for the life he lived and I know that God has welcomed such a man in his bosom. May his soul rest in peace.
Ezendigbo Ejigbo, Eze Alex S.M Nwoye
Barrister Emeka Ukachi( Chairman CMO St Peter Catholic Church Ejigbo)
Most times I often paused to ponder about Pa Shojonwo if he is an angel, a saint or an ordinary human being. I know that many people will feel like me. I know that there is no one who did not have enemies but I wonder if Pa Shojonwo had any enemies. 

He was a real gentleman, an astute Christian personified, a good father, a good friend, a good husband and very reliable. No wonder he is a patron to almost all the societies in the church. This is as a result of his exemplary life. His death has no doubt created a vacuum everywhere he belonged, the church, his home and in his business. 

Our solace is that he died in Christ and with Christ on Good Friday. Pa Shojonwo, kindly note that we all miss you, CMO miss you, St Peter Catholic Church Ejigbo miss you as your death brought absolute silence on our lips. Adieu Pa Shojonwo, a man of peace.
Barrister Emeka Ukachi
Mrs E.N Onuorah
Mrs. Elizabeth Onuorah whose late hubby was with Late Pa Shojonwo as one of the founders of the St Peter catholic church had this to say “I lack words to describe how I feel at your death. Daddy God knows the best for you. May his Angels lead you to His Throne in Heaven. Rest in peace.

Fred Iwenjora(Publisher, Ejigbo City Diary ECD)
Meeting and knowing Pa Shojonwo closely for a long period of time made me call him daddy because you were an exceptionally detribalized man. You lived for humanity if not how come a man not from your south west zone or Yoruba land could be your young friend whom you discussed your most secrets with.

He was one of the numerous supporters of Ejigbo City Diary in morally and financially boosting ways. You never wanted your Sunny Oluwanisola Commercial Press advert out of the front pages of ECD. That in itself is a big boost from your character.

 I recall our last discussion when I told him that we were going fully online and we may not print soon and he said “No my son..try to print once in a while” I will carry this advise forever. May your kind and gentle soul rest in peace .

Victor Eloka Onwusah
Pa Shojonwo was a good man to the core and left wonderful legacies for the living. His character made my family choose him as God father to my son. He will be missed by all.

Chief Dominic Ezekwobi(MD Links Investments)

News of the death of Pa Shojonwo hit me like thunderbolt. He was a very good man that all can testify. I doubt if any one would say he did him bad. Aside from being a member of St Peter Catholic church, Pa Shojonwo also printed for me because he was a painstaking man who abhors mistakes that most people are bound to make. May his soul rest in peace of the Lord. 
Chief Dom Ezekwobi

No comments:

Post a Comment