Sunday 22 October 2017

Yoruba biggest title; I consulted widely including 23 Yoruba traditional rulers before accepting….Gani Adams



Adams with Alaafin Of Oyo

Facts have started to emerge of all that happened behind the scenes before National Coordinator of Oodua Peoples Congress Otunba Gani Adams accepted the title of Aare Ona Kakanfo…Generalissimo of Yoruba land.
In a recent interview, Adams said he engaged in many consultations beginning first from getting his wife’s blessing after her days of vehement opposition to it.

According to the OPC Chieftain, “when I began consultations, my wife was frightened by the negative myths surrounding the Aare Ona Kakanfo, but she consulted and, from the results she got, after a week, she gave me the go ahead. That is the first port of call when anything wants to happen to you, you must consult your wife. Within a week, she gave me her blessing.

“ I also discussed with some of my close aides before I threw it open. I went to the leaders of the OPC, consulted and all of them gave me their nod. They did not express any fears about the title. I also went to Chief Ayo Adebanjo, an elder who stands by the Yoruba. He gave me the nod; I tried reaching Pa Reuben Fasoranti but could not reach him. I called Chief Olu Falae who told me he would pray and call back in three days. On the third day, he told me I was worth the title and gave me the go ahead.
 I also spoke with my friend, Yinka Odumakin, who urged me to consult spiritually, but I told him I had done that. I also spoke to Dr. Joe Okei Odumakin and also to the leaders of the Yoruba in the cause of the Yoruba Summit; they gave me the go ahead. I also consulted my royal father, the Zaki of Arigidi, the Owa Ajero, the Orangun of Ila. I consulted more than 23 traditional rulers in Yoruba land including the Alake of Egba land and they gave me their blessings before I went back to the Alaafin of Oyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment