Tuesday 31 January 2017

Job of our time....Man loses wife, shop and home to Lagos Government demolition exercise." My life's in pieces" he cries

BY FRED IWENJORA

Misfortunes is said to come in sizes and portions. Same is it said of good things. But not many have witnessed the level of the misfortune as being borne by this man who aside losing his very dear wife to death but also witnessed his home as well as his business center being bulldozed within an interval of six months leaving him so devastated that if not for his friends who have rallied around him, the story would have been different.
ECD investigation reveal that the past six months has been very turbulent for the Edo state born entertainment provider who is proprietor of Cool Breeze restaurant and bar situated around the Oja area of Jakande estate, Oke afa,  Ejigbo, Lagos which as you are reading this, has been razed to the ground.
In an encounter recently after the sad events, Austine who has been running from pillar to post since the demolition took place was full of lamentation concerning the demolition exercise alluding his life to the story of Job in the Old Testament who encountered so much misfortunes enough for one to question God.
“I am currently trying to pick up the pieces of my life to start all over  again.. Or should I kill myself” he asks rhetorically. " I still recall the sound of the bulldozers on that day as they were roaring to flush out the place I once called home and shop" he gushes
“If not for friends and well wishers who have been rallying around me, it would have been terrible, I am being supported here and there. But it has not been easy at all. For a man who just buried his wife a few months back to be faced with demolition of home and office, it must be bad times. And indeed these are really bad times. Even though I had read the story of Job in the Bible I did not know it could be real and be happening to me


*Bulldozers at work
” .

No comments:

Post a Comment